Dermal filler after care
· The healing process is crucial for a satisfactory final outcome, like we often say it’s 40% treatment and 60% aftercare.
· It is important not to touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated areas for at least a day. You may feel or see some temporary lumps and bumps after the injections due to swelling and inflammation. These reactions might last for as long as two weeks.
· Also, avoid doing vigorous exercises, sun and heat exposure for 3 days after treatment. This includes bathtubs, hot tubes etc.
· Make sure to keep the treated area very clean and free of bacteria as this can cause infection. Gently wash the area with water and your hands before touching it.
· Avoid alcohol, caffeine and cigarettes 24-48 after treatment as these items may contribute to increased swelling and irritation.
· Regular use of Arnica cream or tables can also help with bruising.